Thursday, October 28, 2010

Now There Are Four


I am now the proud mother of four (4) blogs! Yikes! How did that happen? Three of these blogs, not including the family blog, which is mainly my mom and dad's, are linked to this blog, although Room 120 is private as you're aware.

Anyway, I created the fourth one as a way to keep all of my Art lessons in one place, in a nice format, and accessible to the students and parents from anywhere and everywhere they may have internet access. (They can also email me with questions and comments about the blog, but cannot leave comments on the blog itself. I figured that was probably best.) This fourth one is actually linked to my school email, which is why it is not listed here with the other three. Now you know!

If, for some reason, you'd like to see what my students are learning, you can click HERE or just view it from my blog role over to the right and down on my main blog (Memoirs of my life). What do you think? The ceramics post is rather long. I'm going to need to think about how to narrow it down during our ten minute instruction time.

Did I mention that the principal is coming in to evaluate me while I give this particular lesson? EEEE. I'm not sure if I'm nervous or not. (I picked my favorite second grade class.*) He told me that I'm actually going to be evaluated twice BEFORE the Christmas break, AHH! - "In case there's a problem that needs addressed." I hope there isn't. I'll opt for the #3 6th grade group for the second one. They're quite a nice group - they also say they're the best, so I'll go with them, lol!

*Did you know that only a couple of months ago (before starting my current position), I thought that I didn't like teaching second grade? Well, I've changed my mind. Second grade (or the second graders from this school) are some of the best students! I'm glad to be able to report that I now like second grade. Although at this point, I don't actually have a favorite grade. One of the best parts about being the Art Specialist, other than the projects and creativity aspect, is that I get to interact with every grade level and every student. Variety is good!