Thursday, December 2, 2010

Groupies and Ramblings

I'm getting a little following of groupies lately, lol! It's pretty cute!

The first ones helped me with a project at the end of September. Now that we have choir in the mornings, a few of them usually stay and will almost always help with projects no matter what the project is. I find that kind of funny since I'm not so sure I'd always be so willing without knowing what was expected. Anyway, it's fun and quite helpful!

This morning, four of them helped me get the student art gallery up and running. I'll have to take pictures tomorrow! I should also take pics of the Kindergartners' ceramic project. A lot of them came out very well. Some broke, but I think that they can be glued back together. Others broke and are gone (good thing I made some extra ornaments and cutouts). They will paint them next Friday (I need to look into what kind of paint works!Hopefully the tempera since that's what I have.). Tomorrow they will learn about complementary colors and concentrate on red & green. I made the example last week and it turned out pretty fun looking. I'll take a picture of that as well! I'm thinking that I'll take a bunch of pictures of the ceramics projects with the students names and labels for another art gallery. Hopefully, we'll eventually have several art galleries in the hallway!

Another student asked if I like teaching art while assisting her table-mate. I said "yes, I do. Do you like coming to art?" She said she does and especially likes the clay and is sad that we're almost done with it. Aw :) Another student wanted to know if they will have art all year. They do. When I said they have art all year, she twisted it to mean that she'd literally be in the art room 24/7. When I said something about that not being a very comfortable living - to sleep and eat there, she thought it sounded great! Silly kid! (hopefully that doesn't mean that her home life is bad :( )