The teacher who taught music last year showed me the music/art closet yesterday! There is SO much! During prep time after the Kindergartners, I went through the closet and pulled out everything I think I want. The teacher also brought me the music for all of the grades, especially fourth grade and sixth grade. The fifth grade will be participating in Hope of America, so they will work on those songs along with learning the recorder (which I will be relearning this weekend - sorry neighbors!). The sixth grade will be more music appreciation and learning to play the ukulele (which I will be learning along with them, lol!). Kindergarten - fourth grade will be singing and playing singing games during music. There are also a bunch of fun musical instruments for them to play with. I suppose the second grade classes who surround me would appreciate having my door closed during these jam sessions, lol!
(The cupboards, tables, the bookshelf, a drawer, and my desk all have music books, CDs, instruments, etc. on them! This is my main project for next week.)*cut smallish strips of colored construction paper (2"x3"?) and throw them around the room! The children are then assigned a color to go find. We mainly worked on complementary colors (these colors like to sit across from their friends) by my stating one color and telling them to find the complementary color pieces on the floor. One little girl got trampled in the rush, so we then discussed that we go around people instead of diving over them, lol! The little girl was OK after a few minutes and got to pick the next color.