Starting yesterday, the students started music lessons in addition to the art lessons. During the "Bear Hunt," the students were screaming as the "bears" were chasing them. One of the second grade teachers came to the door to see if everything was OK. She was saying something about the last time she heard screaming, but I didn't catch most of it since the students were still screaming while she was talking, lol! I was thinking that I might have the third graders use the Ukuleles as well, but now I'm not so sure. They seem to be one of the most difficult managing-wise, so we'll see if I decide to add it in.
Today, the fourth, fifth, and sixth graders started music lessons. I'm learning that I need to start more basic and add in the instruments afterward, instead of trying to do both at the same time. The fifth graders started recorders today. YIKES! Considering how exciting it is to blow on them when they were supposed to be listening to the next instructions, they did pretty well. We tried to play a song at the end. It was rather disastrous!
The first group of sixth graders didn't make it through the lesson part, so they didn't get to play with the ukuleles (I need to make some assigned seating for a few choice students). The second group was able to play with them though and are excited! At the end of the second class, I stated that I needed some volunteers but hadn't said what for, when a bunch of hands shot into the air, lol! I reminded them that I hadn't told them what they were volunteering for and to wait until they knew more. Tomorrow, two of the girls will be coming in before school to help me make the grids for still lifes. More still would've volunteered, but I didn't need them until 8:30, so they needed to be on second track in order to help. Poor early track, they were kind of sad.